Israeli Innovation Tackles Air Pollution
According to a recent joint study of the World Bank and the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), air pollution has emerged as the fourth-leading risk factor for deaths worldwide!
The loss of life caused by air pollution is tragic, and the economy is being harmed substantially.
Among the important findings:
· 1 in 10 deaths worldwide is attributable to air pollution exposure!
· 87% of the world’s population lived in areas that exceed the world health organization’s air quality guidelines of 2013.
· Pollution affects the health of people of all ages (from young children to elderly), resulting in lost labor income for their countries.
· $ 225 Billion: The cost – of these premature deaths – to the global economy in foregone labor income each year (compared to $163 Billion in 2000 and $162 Billion in 1990).
· Air pollution comes from many sources, forming a deadly mix of dust, dirt, smoke, vapors, gases, microscopic liquid droplets, and even heavy metals in the air we breathe.
Air pollution is a challenge that the humanity can’t afford to ignore!
Over the past decades, Israel stood at the forefront of “green” innovation and many Israeli companies and research institutes have come up with unique solutions for protecting the environment and natural resources.
At Terra Venture Partners, we feel privileged to have among our portfolio, companies that are leveraging technology to impact positively on the environment and reduce substantially air pollution, including:
Phoebus Energy – Average of 80% reduction of air pollution around Hotels and other large institutions (and average of 65% reduction of water heating costs).
FieldIn – End-to-end pest management software solution for enterprise growers of specialty crops, reducing overall use of pesticides and eliminating spray mistakes.
Njoin– Data driven production optimization for factories, providing greater overall production output & quality while reducing waste & environmental signature.
Eagantu– Packaging of multi functional electronic and optical components into a single miniature 3D structure, with enhanced benefits such as energy efficiency for multiple applications.
And many more exciting startups ….
But this is not enough. More innovative technologies and developments are needed to tackle the most pressing environmental challenges.
If you are a visionary entrepreneur with a game changing idea that will impact positively on the lives of millions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was originally published on LinkedIn and reposted with the author’s permission.