Snapchat – Who to Follow and Why
Snapchat has been around for a while. It’s one of the unicorns of the Silicon Valley that has a valuation of roughly $16b and a CEO who is below 30. The real American dream. Most people I speak to have tried it in the past but gave up on it after a while, saying it’s only for young people and they can’t handle the “living in the moment”-style. The ‘problems’ and complaints of Snapchat (like the UI and UX) exist, but that’s a post for another day.
Today we’re talking about the people who use Snapchat on a daily basis. I’ve previously written about why Snapchat is a big deal among millennials here. Today the focus is on the Snapchat users sharing real and informative content, not the teenagers sharing selfies.
This blog post is dedicated to solve one of the many problems: Finding interesting people to follow on Snapchat. I will keep adding people to this list as I come across users sharing value. I am focusing on people who mainly share similar interests to me: Startups, Investing, Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology.
Here is my list of some people I highly recommend following and a short overview of what they talk about:
- Job Title: Partner at Upfront Ventures
- Username: https://www.snapchat.com/add/msuster
- Topics: Startup tips. With his “SnapStorms” he provides 100% value all the time.
- Job Title: Partner at YC
- Username: https://www.snapchat.com/add/justinkan
- Topics: Business & Startup Advice, Investing, Q&A and parties.
- Job Title: CMO at Zcast.co
- Username: https://www.snapchat.com/add/Hilzfuld
- Topics: Technology, Marketing and Startups, his kids, cows (a.k.a. steaks) and socks.
- Job Title: CEO at Vaynermedia
- Username: https://www.snapchat.com/add/GaryVee
- Topics: Business, Entrepreneurship and Marketing
And myself: Cédric Bollag